Buck was having a pretty rough day, so we decided we'd go out to eat someplace new and interesting. We found a South American bistro type place near the theater. There was a wide variety of people in the unique setting, and very few items to choose from on the menu--street food, mainly. But Buck ordered his favorite fizzy cola, and we split some chicken skewers and empanadas . . . a menu with an African flair, as I just recalled when I looked at their website. I also just discovered they are permanently closed at the location we visited . . . uhhh . . . that's weird. Well, I guess we caught it before it moved? Idk.
The show was nearby, and we arrived waaaaaay early. We decided to get some snacks (a.k.a. dessert) because they let you take treats into the theater now, which I still find odd. It's so fancy! And it looked very pretty for Christmas!
I won't spend too much time on this post, because there are more interesting things ahead (also, no one is counting on my official review of the show for any reason whatsoever :) As an overview--it was acted and sung well, the sets were cool, there was some appreciable humor, the costumes were pretty and sparkly, and "Wouldn't it Be Loverly?" has been stuck in my head for weeks. On the negative side, a few of the "modernizations" were not my jam. At all. Like at all, at all. However, I did like that at the end the lady did NOT choose to end up with the professor (like she did in Pygmalion and the movie) because he is a TOTAL jerk. So, good on her for that!
"Lots of chocolate for me to eat, lots of coal makin' lots of heat. Warm face, warm hands, warm feet, ohhhh wouldn't it be loverly?"

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Looks like it must have been "bereal" time while you were at the theater!
Post a Comment