We returned from Rwanda one week prior to Brennen's graduation party. Caelan and Noah took excellent care of the house and Graysen with Chase and Gabby's assistance :) They had the pork and rice they'd made on spring break cooking in the crockpot when we arrived home on Father's Day--a little celebration. We were so tired and sick, I don't think I took any pictures. But it was really nice! My NGF brought lasagna and all the things the next night, which was so nice, too. We slept for three nights of 12 to 14 hours. I don't recall accomplishing much else, other than maybe laundry?
Thankfully, Caelan took on the party planning for Brennen's graduation. Along with prepping for Africa, much of my time in the weeks prior to our departure were spent ordering and gathering supplies for Brennen's party. Wow, those were really full days! No wonder the blog is months behind :) It seemed like Caelan found new ideas to add to the to-do list each time she stopped by, but as long as she stopped by with the supplies to make them--or got Gabby involved in the making--I had no problem with them decking the halls!
One afternoon we watched Bluey, another afternoon--the balloon arch prep day--they watched the Cars movie (the one where the characters all turn into international spies--such an unexpected plot line, ha!) Also, wow was that a lot of balloons! It is hard to see from the pictures, but those contractor bags are a short person high and two large people around . . . and there were a dozen of them? Our guest could not reach her guest bed in her guest room, nor could our puppy reach her kennel in her corner. We had to do some rearranging before bedtime for sure!
How this house holds all the things it does, I'll never understand! I suppose because it is just in temporary spurts, things find nooks and crannies--and entire rooms--and then filter on to other purposes as needed. It all looks good when it's used as intended though!
The venue gal really liked us, so she was like, "Come on in whenever you want and start setting up as early as you are available. I'll just leave the doors unlocked, and we'll check on you after church." This worked out great for us. We went to early service, then the boys and I started taking loads of things out to the venue while Buck and his mom worked on lunch and loading all the other cars (as they arrived with newlyweds from various churches) with more things to bring to the venue, too.
Pretty soon all the temperature sensitive items were taken care of: cakes and veggies in the fridge, endless bags of pre-blown up balloons dumped out on the venue floor. The girls worked on building balloon arches and mantles and twists for outdoors, like pros (seriously!) while Grandma J and my NGF worked on kitchen prep. We had Noah's groomsmen helping with table decor, just like at the wedding. Actually, everyone was helping everywhere, and Buck was out getting ice--lots of ice. The venue's drink tank thingy is gigantic! I brought all the misc. juice boxes and ICE flavors and mini pops that we don't seem to gravitate towards at home, and they were very popular. I should have brought more juice boxes, actually, because there were some bummed kids that they didn't get any. Such random things come to mind as I write before midnight!
My NGF's youngest daughters helped so much getting all the food out and then with the memorabilia tables. They've been our party set-up people for all the parties. I'm going to need to start providing some payback in the future years, I think!
Uncle Buck and Baby H had a magnificent time playing with some of the Africa things I brought back. I'm not sure who enjoyed the game of slight-of-hand and gravity testing more :) He had a good baby day! First holding our former music teacher's little guy at the party and then all the niece giggles from H. It was a good day all around, good to see family and friends, good to celebrate Brennen's accomplishment, good to send the newlyweds on to their next adventure, good to put our teamwork/party planning skills to good use once again, and good to sit on the couch in our pajamas with candy and blankets to close out the night :) Countdown to next party: 152 days. Gah!!!! 😅














.jpg)
















No comments:
Post a Comment