Here is what I love about the picture below. First . . . I was in Africa when it was taken. I didn't even ask her to, but my sister-in-law somehow knew I would want a pic of G$ on his first day of work. She "happened" to stop by her family's shop and caught him working on a car. You can tell by the little grin on his face that he knows he's getting his picture taken. I'm not so sure that little grin would have shown up for anyone but Aunt K :) Pretty special! He loves working there and they love having him. We get so much positive feedback from K's parents about the kind of quality guy G$ is and how they are so grateful to have him on their team. G$ feels like he is learning a ton and has so much more to learn. K's brother is a great boss and knows more than G$ can even fathom. Pretty cool opportunity for him!
Also, he's got really nice shop uniforms that he wears now--with his name sewn on a patch, but I am not up early enough in the morning to get a picture of him before he leaves for work. And when he gets home, he's pretty grubby from being in the shop all day. I asked him if he wanted his senior pictures taken in his uniform and he said, "no," but that might be the only way I get a good one ;)
And, taadaaa! I finished the shirt! I went to the store, found matching buttons on a clearance wall (he almost got a Velcro closure Rwanda fabric shirt :) Brennen had a friend over when G$ tried it on for the first time. Not knowing I'd made it, the friend told Graysen he looked so sharp he could cut diamonds :) Aww! That's pretty sweet. Graysen even wore his shirt to church the next morning. The collar is a little wonky, but otherwise, not too bad for my first try--I am still astonished I made a clothes!


1 comment:
That shirt looks great on Graysen!
Post a Comment