Monday, August 5, 2024

Weddin' Bells

I guess more accurately, Weddin' 'Lectric Guitar! Such a fun and special night for my sweet cousin, B. She's waited a long time for her Prince Charming--who knew he'd be an IT guy in a rock-n-roll band with a big smile, a good sense of humor, and heart for Jesus? Quite the package deal :) It was sweet seeing him get emotional when he made his vows. My cousin A, afterwards said he got some emotions going too, "It's L up there." I KNOW! Me too! I got some tears rolling, seeing the new Mrs. P sharing her smiles with the gathered crowd of well-wishers.







It was good catching up with my bro and mom from FL! My cousin Lin made 250 delightful cupcakes for the wedding tables--I feel like we could have easily taken home more than the two we grabbed if only properly equipped. What was I thinking? I know better. I should have brought proper cupcake transportation containment systems :)  Yes, plural.



Although the teens and twenties weren't feeling dance floor ready, I'm glad my sisters and nieces were! We had fun dancing with pockets, keeping the tired baby entertained, and taking selfies. We should have weddings more often . . . lol! :)







My grandma had two sets of Calico Critters in the metal toy drawer on her mudroom porch. They were gray mice and rabbits, I think. All I know is, they were hot commodities as kids, and we cousins KNEW if someone else had played with them by what outfits each one of them was wearing. Maybe that was just me? 

Well, the newlyweds--in their 40s--didn't really need much in the gift department, so requested none be given. I couldn't just NOT bring a gift of some sort, so my sister helped me brainstorm. She didn't put these critters on her memory list, but her her list got my wheels turning. Calico Critters aren't really sold locally in stores, so when Brennen got home from work (he has Prime), he ordered me some mice special delivery :) I found a picture of the groom's guitar online, borrowed a little tulle from Caelan's wedding leftovers, and printed off a realistic-looking ad for a frog dissection kit. The bride is a middle school science teacher who sent us plenty of dissection options during our homeschool science days.

Mrs. P opened this gift and laughed and laughed :) I'm so glad she enjoyed my personalizations and silly walk down memory lane. It was a fun little nostalgia project for my very special cousin. Cousins are just the best!! Happy wedding day to mine 😍

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Such a clever. creative idea for the newlyweds!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...