Thursday, August 1, 2024

Dining in Honor of Mr. R

I'll start working my way backwards through June, now that it's August and even July has disappeared into the history books. Slow down time! We're trying to keep up!

For several years, we've talked about taking time to "dine" at this unique steakhouse. "Dining" is something Mr. R established with his family and friends. I guess if I were to explain I'd say . . . really sitting in the moment, enjoying the flavors of a meal, the joys of shared company, the ambiance of a place, and the experience of time set aside intentionally for those things--that is what it means to "dine."

We were unable to attend the Celebration of Life for Mr. R, so it was important for us all to gather and remember him together while Grandma J was back visiting this summer. What better way than to do what he'd have loved to join us doing, fine dining at a wonderful restaurant--in style!



None of us had tried Baked Alaska before, but the idea of setting our dessert on fire was pretty appealing to us all! It turned out to be the perfect portion size after our delicious meal--which included a fresh and bountiful salad bar, prime rib, salmon, a variety of potato options, savory vegetables, so much good food. The browned marshmallow-like meringue of the dessert (we ate it after the flames went out) finished off a lovely evening together. 

We toasted Mr. R and wished he could have joined us--he would have loved to spend an evening out, just like this! Cheers 💖



1 comment:

Grandma J said...

This was a great evening....and you're right....Rudy would have loved it!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...