



The girls are taking a Home Ec. course this year. It is very thorough! Their last unit was on meal planning (it was supposed to include nutritional values as well . . . but we were good with *not too expensive* and *fairly well rounded* :), grocery list making, and meal preparation. For nearly a week of meals, they cooked, I advised remotely, and it was like taking a little vacation (for me :)
These pictures are from their Mexican-flavored meal, which included HOMEMADE tortillas! That was what impressed me :) The rice, too, was made from scratch. My rice is made by La Preferida--the lovely company which provides pre-seasoned rice in a box that I only must needs boil ;)
Let's see, there was also broccoli cheese soup with Artisan bread, venison sloppy Joe's, seasoned sweet potato chunks, red beans and rice, and a few other things I'm blanking on at the moment. Final analysis--this should be more than a one-unit gig! I think helping meal plan and cook should be an EVERY week assignment . . . yes, yes I do :)
No comments:
Post a Comment