Sunday, October 15, 2017

This and That

Here's a little compilation of a few things that we've been up to . . . karate of course is still in full swing as the kids move towards earning their decided second degree black belts this week. At our first chance to get to karate closest to Graysen's birthday, he wanted to wear the birthday belt and have the birthday song sung to him by the class. But our four kids and the instructor were the only ones at the class! Still, he requested everyone sing to him by his karate name, "Mr. ???? Happy Birthday to you," ha!!

Our girls, whichever was willing, were invited to babysit at the neighbors' house. When they learned the appointment was at 8:15 AM--Caelan was out :) Gabby was super excited for her first solo babysitting job! She even took care of most of her schoolwork the night before, so that we could go straight into our group lessons when she returned. Very responsible!

She said they had a nice time building a LEGO pirate ship and playing quiet-ish games. When mom returned, I guess all that pent up energy was expelled on her :) By all accounts, Gabby did a great job and had fun on her first official sit!

For his birthday, Graysen asked for a board game. He didn't specify which one he wanted, so I looked for one with bears. This is what I came up with--Bear Valley. You have to get to base camp BEFORE THE BEARS EAT YOU!! I guess it is kind of complicated. Caelan read the instructions, then Buck found an instructional video. They're still playing the base version without all the extra layers--like sparkly foxes and gold coins that look like Nilla Wafers :)





For weeks, our neighbors have been so excited about getting their new puppy! They are a retired couple who also go to our church. The boys do poop patrol for them once each week--and now they'll have three dogs to clean up after--but I don't think this tiny guy is going to make much of a mess for awhile anyway. Sweet, baby beagle!

I popped out of the shower (popped, check the spelling ;) just as everyone was leaving for the puppy-meeting adventure. It was raining anyway, so I didn't bother to dry my hair. It's not a new gelled fashion trend I'm trying to bring back, ha!



Teenagers are fun! Gabby decided to be, like, a sleepy lady for Treat Night and wants to put a green mask on her face for her costume. I haven't had my old Mary Kay mask product in a loooooooong time, so I told the girls they could try making masks out of food we had in the kitchen. This one is avocado, banana, honey (they also made an oatmeal, cinnamon, baking soda, but that one turned their faces bright red, so they washed it off!) Super funny girls having a good time with their first homemade *beauty* products ;)



2 comments:

g said...

I learned a lot about chickens just reading your blog!

G said...

I thought the chicken comment was on the blog about the chickens - not sure how it ended up here! Glad Gab's baby sitting was a success!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...