Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Shrunkin' Punkin'

Our neighbors' family has a farm (e-i-e-i-o). And on this farm they have some pumpkins (e-i-e-i-o) :)

It so happens, that on our neighbors' family farm, they grow lots of pumpkins that they ship (for free, if I remember correctly) in semi trucks to kids in cities like New York who don't have access to farm-grown pumpkins for Halloween.

This year, a bumper crop meant 3,000 orange leftovers that wouldn't fit onto the truck!


So, our neighbors brought us back a bunch of pumpkins as a bonus carving opportunity :) They are a bit smaller than the first batch, however, the kids were excited to put more ideas into action . . . print, stencil, pin, poke, carve!

Adorable :) (Well, they were more adorable before our random 70 degree day that melted them into only somewhat still recognizable pumpkin art by the time I got around to taking their picture  . . .)



The pumpkin sticking out its tongue in the top photo is by Gabby, and the double Spartan sword pumpkin next to it is by Graysen. Caelan carved the super cute buck and doe heart pumpkin with *love* inscribed below--it was really cute the first day, I promise :) And the pumpkin with eyebrows is a co-effort by Gabby and Brennen.

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...