Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Pumpkin Plop

I saw that description on a friend's fb post and I like how it sounds "Pumpkin Plop." :) I can hardly believe the size of the $5 pumpkins Buck found at Costco! I mean . . . he had to use an electric saw to bust those bad boys open!




He's the master pumpkin carver--I always stick to the triangle eyes and nose with the goofy toothless smile. Buck finds ideas online, prints them as stencils, then goes through this elaborate process of pinning, then pock marking the outlines before ever a carving tool reaches his hand! Now, he's training the young Jedis in this same art of pumpkin carving.

My new job is to take pictures and watch the festivities :) It's nice that the Crew is old enough to do pumpkin day almost on auto-pilot. We ended up with A LOT of seeds, as you can imagine given the size of their orange containers. Oven roasting them was my other job, because Graysen says that I am "the best pumpkin seed maker in the world!!" Whew! Didn't even know that was title, and it's mine!! :)






I took a little break from my photo taking to run the chickens up a pile of yumminess from the carving party. Buck says having the birds is better than a garbage disposal. In fact, we're noticing how much less often we take out the kitchen trash now that the chickens get all the leftovers :)







Everyone was proud of their accomplishments--we had some college football, some NFL action, and . . . . some love, hearts . . . :) They look pretty cool lit up at night too!






No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...