Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Busy Builders

We have recently decided to put an addition on our home . . . a virtual palace for the dog kind :) When Chauncey's tie out moved to protect the landscaping, his access to summer shade diminished. He is also very whiney when it comes to things like: drizzle, wind, clouds, sunshine, rain, cold, heat, perfect weather, and well, just about anything that means he has to be outside. "You're a dog." I tell him. "Go be a dog!" No sooner is he inside, than he thinks he probably better go back outside. We don't have a doggy door, so this means I'm constantly saying to the kids, "Somebody let him in! Somebody let him out! Am I the only one who can hear the dog?"

Combine this with the fact that the boys have mentioned (when I try to send them outside) that there is "nothing to do" out there. I told Buck, "I think they should build a dog house." The boys were over the moon with this idea and quickly started drawing up plans. They measured Chauncey laying down and standing up. Currently his dog house, much like the fortified chicken coop, is already too heavy to move :) The kids were using the floor the boys built as a square dancing platform--it's that big!

So here are the beginning stages of the dog house extraordinaire! Now that Buck's back to work, it may progress more slowly, but for the most part the boys have been doing all the building on their own. Pretty cool!







The king observes his throne ;) He better enjoy this giant palace! But I suppose if he doesn't, the kids can use it as a playhouse :) JK, the dog WILL love it!

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...