Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Elephants, Giraffes, and a Cute Baby



Peek-a-boo, I see you! This cute baby snow leopard peeked and blinked at us from the other side of the window glass. He/she? was adorable--just staring at the kids for probably five minutes. Eventually, she/he? went up to join mama in the cozy box. Buck took the peek-a-boo pic, Grandma J took the cuddly pic, I took exactly one pic the whole zoo visit, so I borrowed the rest from them :) 



We were nearly the only humans at the zoo--maybe two or three other families out meandering around (well, I guess there was a bigger group in the aquarium, since the keepers were feeding the penguins). But the animals were active, and that was fun to see and hear. For instance--the tiger who really didn't want to be outside anymore. He'd pace to the door and stare at it. Then he'd growl and let everyone know he wasn't happy. Then he'd walk to the highest point of the enclosure and peek through the window like, "Hey, zookeeper . . . I would like to come in now!" and then he'd pace back down and sit by the door again :) We were highly entertained.

Then the spider monkeys--at first they were all just sitting on shelves in their enclosure. Graysen started tapping out a rhythm on the visitor railing outside the window and all of a sudden the monekeys were ALL in motion! Two babies worked their way around the ropes course, not always successfully ;) A couple, like the fellow above came and stuck to the glass to see what we were doing. They too were highly amusing!





Grandma J wanted a couple of family pictures of us at the zoo--Buck turned this into an opportunity to practice his selfie prowess. Taa-daaa, the gang's all here! And below you'll see the one and only picture I took at the zoo--that's Brennen behind a tree and Grandma J taking a picture . . . yup. That's what my only picture of the day is, lol :)



Buck made friends with the giraffe kind. I didn't realize there were so many at the zoo, but we counted nearly a dozen in the herd room!






Elephant family photo :) At first the pachyderms were all back behind those silver bars clear on the other side of the building. When the zookeeper came out with a bucket full of vitamin treats, all the elephants came lumbering over to stand right by us. How nice of them! :) We decided to duck down so all of us could share a photo together. Now, I'm thinking I should have gotten a picture with Grandma J and the family, because we totally forgot to do that!



After the zoo, we picked up a ton of hamburgers and fries. We enjoyed this very American dinner with our friends the K's, and then the kids did their art lesson while we others visited. ASL followed and Mr. K interpreted some of the videos that are being posted on fb from a vision trip a bunch of the staff is doing in Israel. I like to see what they are up to, but have little to no idea what they are signing about :) All in all, it was a really fun day!

No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...