Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Neighborhood Sledding Party

Buck took the kids to church on Sunday because I haven't been sleeping well with this rad cough dealie. He dropped them off at  home on his way to work. Soon after, I started noticing bundled up neighbors with babies in tow carrying sleds past the window. The boys were like, "Can we go sledding too!!!?" They were geared up and gliding within minutes :)

Three different families, plus three of our kids, took to the hills--one couple just announced they are expecting their second baby this summer. I thought of my sister sledding while preggo with her first as I watched my neighbor hit the slopes :) The funniest part was the grown men trying to ride our boys' snowboard and riding down the hill on their daughters' little pink sleds :) There were some epic rolls and crashes for sure! Caelan and I were cracking up in the house watching them all having fun.

Eventually, our boys picked a snowball fight with the grown ups, and that got them laughing pretty hard. Everyone had a great time for more than an hour, when the lunch hour (and likely naptime for that crew) arrived. The pics look like it is much later in the day, because of the blue-tinted heat protect film we put on them this summer. It does make it look colder outside! Caelan and I were trying to figure out how to supply hot chocolate to all those people, but the weather was pleasant enough that it really wasn't all that freezy to play outdoors. I

just loved the nostalgic-ness of all the families sledding together in the backyard. I'm glad we stayed at this house--we couldn't have paint-balled and watched all the fun the babies and littles and our kids had if we'd moved to the one of the smaller-yard places in town. God knew less house, more yard was our best :)

1 comment:

Grandma Judi said...

So glad you decided to stay...you do have great neighbors and a great backyard. Hope your cough is better.

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...