Sunday, September 8, 2019

First Day of School 2019

Amazingly, we "started" school today! I have never entered a late August feeling so unprepared and behind. However, according to my Facebook memory reel . . . this is the same day we started last year, and the year before that! Yesterday and the day before were other year start dates. I'm doing okay, after all! But, MAN, was it a lot of work and late nights! It's about the only time of the year that I actually do crafty things, other than the occasional sewing project. I didn't buy anything for décor this year, except three big 87 cent pieces of paper to make my chicken coop in the classroom. Everything else was "leftovers" (as you'll see in some of my creative endeavors, lol ;)



They chose this farm theme last year, but only Graysen remembered. This is their reaction to their annual door decorations :) 



Seventh, Eighth, Sophomore, Junior . . . Algebra 1/2, Algebra I, Algebra II, Pre-Calc/Trig . . . eek!!




I built that chicken coop from scratch, raised the birds myself ;) I like chickens! (BTW, the clock is totally broken. Not helpful, Clock!)





Stripey horse, barn kitty, farm squirrel, Hootenanny Granny, and of course a giant bear in grandpa's overalls . . . isn't this how all kids start their school year? :) I reused the same wall decal/stickers that I've used for the past couple years . . .  I think it's the fourth year for those giraffe necks (now trees, a windmill, and a silo). The animals are re-careered from last year's circus duties, ha!






Today they got to know their curriculum. We talked about a daily schedule. They read lots of introductory items in their books. We discussed how their Bible study stuff would work, and their CLEP prep/College, Career Planning. The three who still have specific English curriculum took a run at the first lesson, and that was about it for Day One. I would have waited until Monday, but Gabby has an orthodontist appointment, and us not being there for the classroom reveal would put the rest of the kids behind for the day. This worked out better :) See how happy they are to be studying?!




1 comment:

Grandma J said...

Very creative in reusing previous theme items!! I like your squirrel!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...