1. Two fully-certified rescue team ladies!


2. Sometimes making a mess is the best way to clean. We had A LOT of little kid toys still tucked away in the boys' closet. They kind of need that space for other things, like football cards and massive amounts of Legos, now. So, we gutted their room, which meant filling the living room (and eventually garage). Now what to do with all the toys we moved out?



3. Driving . . . we spent about 10 hours in the car, day and night, to finish up Caelan's required hours to apply to take her driving test to get her license. Ten days later, we've heard nothing. I called the DMV and they said drive tests are currently two weeks out, but they won't even schedule until she has her completion certificate in hand. Whaaaaaa!!!! Why does it have to be so difficult for homeschooler to accomplish this feat??!! I'm super whining now!! :) It will be so helpful when she and Gabby can drive to work and band practice and choir helpfulnesses (they want to help with the younger choirs). Just waiting for the DMV. Oh, these pics are the hours we spent in our neighborhood practicing two- and three-point turns, and parallel parking behind Buck's car. Apparently, the drive testers aren't mean enough to make a kid actually park between two vehicles, but they need to prove they can do the maneuver. Since we've had 10 days of downtime, we should probably go out and practice some more . . . oh wait! It will be an additional two weeks until she can actually take the test, I guess we have plenty of time (spitty face emoji that I don't have).


4. I happened to glance at Brennen when he was standing in front of the bookcase with the antler display, just so . . . snap . . . young Buck :)

5. Worth mentioning, because it was one of those unsolvable mysteries . . . the puppy brought us this piece of trim (or Caelan found it?) We collectively looked all over the house for trim that looked the same . . . bathroom? No. Laundry room? No. Kitchen chair rail? No. Throw it in the junk drawer? Yes! But just as we'd given up hope of finding the errant trim . . . Graysen figured out that it came from the under railing of our staircase banister. What?! I didn't even know there WAS trim under there. Not in a million years would I have figured that one out :) Brennen retrieved it from the "I give up" drawer, glued it back on, and we're back in business!

6. Tis' the season for youth group band to get back into full swing! Our worship leader guy decided to step out of college ministry to focus on the high school kids, so cool! He has a lot of wisdom and enthusiasm, which is going to help the kids a bunch. Here are a couple of pics from their first re-organizational meeting. They're moving practice time to hopefully encourage some non-homeschool kids to join the band, too :)


7. Graysen saw the big stack of his dad's shirts waiting to be ironed. He knew his sister makes money for taking care of those shirts. I'm not saying that was his motivation, but he asked me, "Mom, can I learn how to iron?" Ummm, yes, absolutely! I told him he should practice on his own shirts first. He brought down his tropical banana lime shirt. When he got it all smoothed out he said, "Now I like this shirt even better!!" :) Next he took a run at one of his dad's shirts. He did a careful job and paid attention to my instructions. The length of time it took did not encourage him to try a second shirt, but hey, life skill learned!! I'll call that a morning well spent :)


8. He seriously must be growing . . . day-napping :)
1 comment:
Lots of good miscellaneous stuff..learning life skills...like parallel parking. Sometimes you have to do it, because that's all that is available. And ironing...I don't do much of that anymore, but I did when I was teaching!
Post a Comment