Saturday, September 21, 2019

Girl Party

Less than 24 hours since we last left our small group meeting location . . . :) We were back for a middle school and high school combined youth group girls' event. Most of we leader/moms stood in the kitchen and pounded tortilla chips and guac while the girls arrived and got settled. Then one of our recent graduates led the girls through a step-by-step painting class. 

It is amazing to me that 15 girls (one left early, so don't think I can't count in my final picture ;) with the same paint, same canvases, same brushes, same instructions, same teacher, can all create something unique and special to themselves! 

I love how they oohed and ahhed over each others' color blending, stars, etc. So encouraging to each other! And how they giggled at some of the goof-ups. 

We didn't get home until after ten, but our girls had a great time and got to know some of the younger girls. This really helps knit a community of girls closer, and I think it was a great event for our youth group! Plus it is super fun spending time with all the mom/leaders :) (Gabby made cream cheese mints, yesssss!)



When you suddenly realize you are in your NGF's pic and she is in yours (and neither of you want to be in either) you just might have an impromptu (and blurry) camera war--I guarantee she won! Lol!



So much creativity! Such a pretty painting. Someday I hope I'll see the Northern Lights in person, for real!





1 comment:

Grandma J said...

How cool that they did a painting of the Northern Lights! They are pretty amazing to see...I used to get Buck out of bed and bundled up to go out to see them...too special to miss. He was young so not sure he remembers. Gabs made cream cheese mints....those things are dangerous....I definitely cannot eat just one (or 10)!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...