Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Wishful Thinking?

Buck's coworker let him "prank" me while they were waiting for another employee's ride home to show up. Yes, he looks cute on the bike. No, he's not getting one :) (Nor did he ride the one pictured)



On Friday, all four kids had choir for the first time this semester--all in the teen range now, whoohoo! Our NGFs brought their puppy. Buck thought the puppy was probably tired of all the attention it was inevitably collecting. So, he went and snagged the puppy from our NGFs' girls, brought it over to the outdoor picnic table where we were sitting, and calmed the puppy down. It then walked across the planks, laid down in my arms, and took an extended nap. Buck might have been wishing a little that she snuggled him instead of me ;)



Some-puppy seems to wish he was always where he isn't supposed to be! Whose a naughty puppy?



Newton is a naughty puppy :) He was quite a noisy handful at his first official puppy class this weekend, as well. But, we're told "they are babies" and the organization "doesn't expect perfection" (not yet anyway ;)



I don't know about you, but I'm wishing my teaching assistant lived a little bit closer to help with my stack of daily correcting and grading!! :)



I've noticed a theme in some of our reading materials this year . . . I guess the knight is wishing we'd selected a book that would give him some legs (hee hee :)



And last, but not least, Graysen is wishing a delicious deer will walk his way this weekend. He completed the online portion of his hunter safety training several months ago, and has been waiting for his field day to make his certification complete. He said he wasn't sure how the test went, but it looks like he did a great job, because he is officially ready to hunt!! And Buck has officially graduated from taking kids to day-long hunter's safety field days :)

2 comments:

Grandma J said...

Buck does look pretty good on that bike! Newton may be a handful, but he's so darn cute, it must be difficult to be firm with him....but I'm sure Caelan has it under control! That is some stack of paperwork you have there; I wish your teaching assistant lived closer too! She'd be there regularly to help you out with the grading! I'm working on Hamlet stuff now!

Grandma J said...

oh yes, and congratulations Graysen!! I'm excited for you that now you too can hunt!!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...