Monday, August 5, 2024

Photo Moment

There's just no way I can put Africa into words . . . a picture is worth a 1,000 of them anyway, right? ;)

Let's call this section: getting there. From the dozens of bags, to the emergency landing, to the 72 hours in airports (with 4 or 5 in a NYC hotel), to Brennen losing us in Kenya (not really, lol!), to finally arriving in Kigali a few days late, but at least no longer trapped in an elevator . . .










Things we did, places we went, ways we served, meals we ate . . .































Safari: all day on a bus, seeing the marvels God's creation in natural habitats, sneaking water in plastic bottles so we didn't dehydrate, hardly making a dent in our ridiculously abundant snack supply, introducing the locals to spray cheese (we're sorry Rwanda, lol :), and arriving back at the villas covered in uncountable layers of red dust.



















I can't post many pictures of the kids for privacy reasons, but I plan to make a photo book--after the other five or so that I need to make. It's on the list! :) Praise God we finally got to go on this trip and that He sustained us through a very challenging adventure! We should do it again sometime💕

1 comment:

Grandma J said...

I'm so happy you were finally able to make this trip happen!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...