Thursday, March 8, 2018

Billy Graham

I don't have a Billy Graham story, like so many others across the world do--but, I respect him for the message he brought, and the life he lived. His children continue his legacy, and did a beautiful job saying farewell with hope and grace for the future. Our kids are very familiar with Operation Christmas Child--the shoe boxes of gifts that are packed and sent around the globe to little ones in poverty. We read the Samaritan's Purse newsletters and see how Billy's son, Franklin, continues his dad's legacy in these and other hands-on, practical ways through SP humanitarian aid missions.





We found it a challenge to get the internet to stream the funeral service coverage during the morning, but we kept trying. I felt it was important for the kids to see how a man of God was honored, to hear the stories of Graham's ministry, and to see the joy that can come at a funeral service, rather than sorrow alone, when God's beloved are reunited with Him for eternity.



No comments:

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...