Let me walk you through the obstacle course--Graysen built the block fort on the left . . . then covered it with fabric from the rag bag. Brennen got enthused by the idea, and added on a room. Before I knew it--"Mom, can we sleep in our fort in the garage?!"Okay, well, no. There are spiders in our garage, they are hard to see, they bite, and they leave super itchy bumps. We can't bug bomb because of all the critters we have intentionally invited into our home :)
"How about a tent, on the workout mat side--if dad is cool with it?" (spider proof because of zippers and no windows).
Well, this was met with enthusiastic agreement. Then came the unloading of their bedroom into the tent :) Sleeping bags, pillows, blankets, comforters, board games, head lamps (because they didn't want the lights to be on in the garage all night) . . . load after load, until they were settled for their camp out (in?).
It is not warm in our garage. Usually around or below 40 degrees, but when I went down to check on them and peeked with my flashlight into their tent, they were wearing stocking hats and looked as cozy as can be.
The next morning when I went to tread--this is the sight that greeted me :) Around the van, past the block fort, shimmy through the punching bag stand, squeeze past the tent, try to find the electrical cords, forward bend to flip the treadmill switch . . . and I haven't even started walking yet! :()
1 comment:
I can just see them all cozy in the tent.. That cracks me up! Looks like you had enough of a workout just getting to the treadmill...good grief!
Post a Comment