Saturday, March 3, 2018

One Dozen Eggs

It doesn't happen too often, but in all the running around we were doing--the chickens neither got their evening meal nor their eggs collected. (They've been eating so many scraps lately, since Buck isn't taking lunches to work any more that they really haven't been eating their grain anyway. Don't call the chicken police on us ;) So when Caelan went to check the coop the next day, we discovered those birds have been busy! All in one nest, too :) One dozen eggs in two days is pretty good considering we've only been getting three or maybe four a day throughout the cold months. I guess a little sunshine and spaghetti is all they needed to be back in business, ha!

2 comments:

Grandma Judi said...

Why isn't Buck taking his lunch anymore? Yay Chickens!!

Buck and Jess! said...

He's so busy, and it is so early that supper-like leftovers don't sound good (chicken casserole, beef burritos, etc. at 9 a.m.). Yesterday he didn't eat at all, for like 12 hours (he's already lost weight). Today he decided I could send him some cereal and milk in a thermos. I put a few extra things in his bag too, guy's got to eat!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...