Thursday, December 15, 2016

"Family of the Year"

Well, isn't that neat? Last weekend our karate school held its Christmas party and award presentation. We were at home coughing in the dark :) I got a text from one of the other moms saying, "Where are you?!! You just won family of the year!!" Ooops :) Maybe not-so-much ;)

Of course, their instructors understood, and the kids received their cool trophy when we attended class earlier this week. They want to put it on the bookcase next to their dad's dipped deer skull or on the mantle in the living room above the fireplace . . . we'll just have to see where it lands :) But it is a pretty cool honor to get a trophy for being a family; I like that!

3 comments:

Papa Barry said...

I like that too!

Grandma Judi said...

That is so very cool - what a neat trophy!! I would choose you as family of the year as well!

Buck and Jess! said...

Aww, thanks :)

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...