Our instant winter wonderland looks very pretty! Here are some odd things that it has brought with it: Muriel now colors the snow on our deck that distinctive shade of yellow, rather than using her gigantic play area as a restroom; the GFI under the elk skin in the garage happens to power the bonus fridge, freezer, Traeger on the deck, festive light projector on the side, roof Olaf and peak lights, and ALL the lights, water heater, and other accoutrements on the coop hill--discovering this was a long process of flipping breakers and setting up yell lines throughout the house. "Is it working now?" No. Buck finally was the champ electrician when he returned home from work. G$, Brennen, and I might have matched him today, as we chipped ice out of electrical socket holes, dried plugs with towels, wrapped them in plastic bags, and taped the whole thing together with waterproof tape. Boom. Lights and food storage working!; the month-long lazy chickens have suddenly decided to start laying eggs again!! of course, these eggs froze solid and cracked, because we didn't expect eggs after weeks of nothing. You know how hard it is to toss more than a dozen eggs after you haven't had them for awhile. Oh, let me tell you! Chickens. Also, on the night of the blizzard, Buck had to stay several extra hours at work to fix the laziness of his coworkers (they won't read this, I can write that)--he arrived home at 2:00 A.M., then headed back in the next morning. Let's see, do I have more? I don't thinks so. Ready for pictures? Here you go . . .
Were you expecting yellow snow pictures? Oh, silly you! These are sledding fun with the neighbors photos; trust me, you like these better :)
Would you like to see pictures of some of my birthday gifts? Yes?! Well, did you pick the right blog post!
There's also been a lot of Zooming for youth group and my CA girls Bible study . . . as a result, it might be time to cut Zoom bangs again. My last round of forehead shrinking fridge has grown past my chin. It went well the first time, do I dare try again?
Oh, so on my Zoom Bible study, a friend on the East Coast said lightheartedly, "My daughter has a test assigned on the last day before Christmas break. What kind of teacher does that?" An hour later, I was setting out assignments for our last day of school before Christmas break . . . and I assigned 19 tests!!! We were laughing so hard we were nearly crying! I texted my friend and she said she'd pray for the children and when they decided to move out, they could come live with her. Lol, glad they have options--but I still had to check all those tests!! Just one left to go :)

















1 comment:
That's a lot of tests!!!! You need an aide!
Post a Comment