Saturday, December 19, 2020

Youth Group Christmas Things

Ugly sweater Christmas drive-through was the plan for the youth group Christmas party this year. Caelan decided Muriel had a sweater (well, Muriel borrowed a sweater), so she too could participate (Chauncey wouldn't even participate in the photo). As a result, Caelan won the Ugly Sweater Trophy for the night . . . we're going to have to build her a shelf :)


Cute sleigh set up outside for photo ops, with hot chocolate percolating (does hot chocolate percolate?) under the awning. The boys' Christmas party wish came true when their buddy B and their buddy C showed up almost at the same time. Our leisure-suit sporting media intern had the Christmas tunes cranking, and we all shivered and fellowshipped, and then away we went in our reindeer-antlered van :)




Two days before the Christmas parade, the boys had a video game night at church--I don't think it was Christmas-themed, of course. Did I tell you the story of our girls crashing the party after work to pick up their brothers? Pretty funny :) Anyway, the youth group ladies got a chance to Christmas pajama party two nights after the Christmas parade, decorating sugar cookies, eating pizza, and watching the super cute 2018 version of the Grinch--who knew? I thought it would be the scary one I grew up with and was pretty skeptical about having to "enjoy" something that seemed very un-Christmassy . . . but the 2018 cartoon was quite charming, colorful, and really sweet. I approve, and I think we'll rent it so I can see it better than my very difficult viewing angle in a roomful of young ladies who got to the couches first :)





2 comments:

Grandma J said...

It seems so strange to me to see so many people gathered inside without masks. It is really strict here...first of all, they discourage any kind of gathering and if you do, you should be wearing masks.

Buck and Jess! said...

They recently lifted the mandate :)

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...