A couple of months ago, we decided that we needed to celebrate this baby-to-be! God agreed and allowed the weekend of my brothers' confirmation and all the CA crew's visits to work for the parents-to-be and their little *he.* Thankfully, my parents could host the event--and get the food--and do all the decorating (with a little grandchild help :) The weather wasn't the bright, sunny day we hoped for, but it turned out to be a cozy shower indoors instead.
After snacks/lunch, we started our first baby shower game. I'm not a fan of embarrassing games or complex entertainment, so I thought--what's better than Play-Doh? :) It worked well for the grown ladies and the young ones . . . including my teenaged brother and two nephews :) Actually, they were really into the design a Play-Doh baby game! Auntie Z was also very proud of her work and tied with the mama-to-be for cutest baby . . . double win for the Aunt Lin(d)seys!
After the winners were declared, we played a fun, unscramble the children's book titles game. This was a challenge, since we (being me) didn't have the answers! I found the book list on the Internet, but they didn't provide a key. Between Buck, Grandma J, and myself we had the correct titles mostly figured out before the shower. I was impressed at the amount of spot-on answers during the event! I am a fan of fans of children's books. Oh man! We should have handed out the actual books once the decoded titles were declared--ooops, just thought of that :)
Mrs. A received so many sweet things for the little one, and nephew L made sure he kept the place free of clutter. He'd get his eye on some wrapping paper, get his hands on the trash bag in his hand, and he'd say, "You gonna open that one next?" He was such a happy helper!
Gabby was our scribe--we figured she probably has the nicest handwriting of anyone at the shower--though to be fair, I didn't ask for writing samples at the door :) I'm hoping this list went directly to Aunt L, because I can't find it in the yellow notebook here pictured . . . hmmm . . .
| C and G's whale cookies were a hit! Everyone commented on how tasty they were--and adorable too :) |
Someone has a birthday coming up . . . in like three months :) So when his sister and her sister-in-law send a gift in spring, who is going to wait to open it til summer?
When all the wrapping paper settled, we grilled up some dinner then sat around chatting for a couple of hours. As bedtime neared, we made the drizzly dash to the vehicle and shivered our way to the hotel. It was nice to crank the heat and pajama it up!

No comments:
Post a Comment