I am discovering that our friends the K's have a lot of spring birthdays--in fact, all five of them celebrate in a span of three months. This means we were invited to celebrate the 4th birthday of a very bright boy. Some girls our girls know from church also attended the celebration, as did their music instructor and his wife. Mrs. K was trying to decide which children to invite, and I told her we always celebrate with family and friends when they're young--these are the most important people in our/their lives. The parents have fun, the children have fun--win, win! :) 

I realize now, I chose three very similar pictures to post :) I also think it is funny how the K's leave their birthday sign up for three months and just change the name--very similar to how ours morph from Gabby, to Buck, to Chauncey (or Dog), to sometimes Auntie Z and/or Grandma, and even to Happy Mother's Day on occasion!
I guess I didn't post the picture of the kids absolutely cracking up . . . the K's have cups that say "Oh" on the inside rim with a poop emoji on the outside. Once the cake was served, the frosting was so sweet that the little boys were practically begging for water. But to do so--"Mom! I need my poop cup! Mooooom, can you get me my poop cup, please! Mom, put some water in my poop cup." My crew and the other teen girls were literally doubled over with laughter :)
We were first to arrive at the party and first to leave, as Buck was returning from 10 days straight at work and with a carload of groceries to boot. It was good to spend time with friends celebrating a boy who loves to bowl :)
1 comment:
Looks like a fun time. And leaving the birthday sign up only makes sense when so many birthdays are together. I like your kids' creativity in changing the names - Gabby becomes Dad!
Post a Comment