Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Reverse Order

I'll start (to you perhaps--end) at the end of our Spring Break at home. Grandma and Auntie's flight didn't depart til late afternoon, which left us a leisurely morning together. I couldn't quite mentally prepare for Monday--our busiest day activity wise, besides Wednesday. Thankfully, everything could be rescheduled, so I cleared our calendar for the evening too!

Before lunch I even took a nap--not because I wanted to, but because my eyes would not stay open and my brain would not cooperate. I was trying to meal plan and flipped through two whole cookbooks without writing down a single recipe. I awoke to the sounds of the garbage men slamming trucks around and Buck making the only lunch I still had ingredients left to make :) He also took a trip to the hardware store, fixed our toilets, and picked up the dog from the vet.

We don't often all take the airport trip, but this time we did. In the freezing cold (what happened to spring?) After hugs, we all wear a bit of Grandma J's perfume to remind us of her the rest of the day :)

And since the house was empty of food--we did our grocery shopping. Buck was told that he looked like Tim McGraw . . . something my Aunt Jan has been telling him for more than a decade :)

The rest of the day was putting away groceries, running some laundry, the kids worked on their boomerang skills with a gift Buck gave his mom after his trip to Australia, which she in turn gave back to us (Ha! Boomerang gift!!). The kids reset their bedrooms and the living room, and I got my typical burst of energy about 9 p.m. and decided to work on the classroom, posting pictures, folding laundry, etc. And now that it's morning, and I felt fairly awake, I thought I'd start blogging. But that tired brain thing is sneaking in again, and I haven't a clue if this made a lick of sense :)

1 comment:

Grandma Judi said...

Wow, lots of blog entries to catch up - such a fun week, but it always goes by so quickly! Love you all very much!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...