Monday, May 29, 2017

Last Day of School!

Like . . . five days ago! I guess with all the house-hunting rigmarole I plumb forgot to announce the completion of our two semesters of education. And now that I think about it, I should probably finish up the grading too, so the ladies know how they did this year. Sheesh! What a week! :)


I feel like we did a spot on job of getting finished with their curriculum this year! Most courses are designed for 160-180 day school years. Ours tops out at about 150. Nevertheless, we finished all their history, Bible, and readers (one read-aloud left for the summer). The boys completed Health in one year (it took the girls more than two years to do the same, because I never wanted to do the workbooks either :) The girls completed their British Lit and American Lit courses, their Beginning Web Design course, and their Language Arts. Caelan completed the typing program we bought in Winterset (she could tell you how many wpm she can type now, but I can't remember what she told me :) We finished our science curriculum--Weather, Geology, Archeology, and Astronomy.

For summer school, Caelan is going to do a high school prep Language Arts course, the girls are going to get rolling on next year's Family and Consumer Science curriculum. Everyone has math to complete. The boys will have some handwriting and a bit of Language Arts to wrap up. So we have a few things to keep them busy :)



Yesterday Brennen said, "Tomorrow's Monday, school day!" I said, "Um, no!" :) We're going to take a full week off before we start heading back to the classroom, but I appreciated his enthusiasm.

Who knows, maybe next year we'll have a new classroom--the kids are thinking one-room, prairie style in the backyard with red paint and a bell on top. I dig it! Ha!

1 comment:

Grandma Judi said...

Love the one room schoolhouse idea -I actually attended a few of those! Well....they were two room schoolhouses!

Colorado

We took the world's fastest--and slowest--trip to Colorado for Buck's stepmom's memorial service. I say fastest, because it took...